Motorola Droid XYboard Hard Reset
To Perform a Hard Reset:
- Touch Home
- Touch Apps (in the top right corner)
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Factory data reset
- Touch Reset Tablet and follow the directions on the device.
- Power off the XYboard. (If you can’t power off your XYboard, scroll down to the next section.)
- Turn on the XYboard by pressing the power button, wait for the tablet to start showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- If done correctly, “Android Recovery” will appear on the screen. Release the Volume Down key. MAKE SURE THE SCREEN SAYS ANDROID RECOVERY.
- Press the Volume Up button. The screen will say “Entering Android recovery mode” and then you’ll see the Android robot on the screen. Release buttons.
- Press and hold down the power button. While holding down the power button, press the Volume Up key to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.
- Use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to move up and down through the menu.
- Move to “Wipe data/factory reset” by using the Volume Up or Volume Down key.
- Tap the Power buttom to select the “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to “Yes, delete all user data”.
- Tap the Power button to select.
- Wait until you are back to the Android recovery screen menu. (This will take a few minutes.)
- Tap the Power button to “Reboot system now”.
If your Motorola Droid XYboard is frozen, you may just need to perform a soft reset. To do this, simply press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously.